HOW TO APPLY
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Instructions on applying for reimbursement in respect of film making and television programming pursuant to Act No. 43/1999, as amended, and Regulation No. 131/2001, as amended.
Applications for reimbursement must be submitted to the before production on a motion picture or television program in Iceland begins. The application for reimbursement shall contain the following:
- Name of applicant
- Legal domicile
- Postal number (zip code) and city
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
The application should be accompanied by the following documents:
- A declaration explaining how the motion picture or television program conforms to the aims of Act No. 43/1999, see Article 4 of the Act and Article 2 of Regulation No. 131/2001.
- A certificate from the Register of Firms confirming the registration of the applicant, together with the articles of association or minutes of the initial shareholders' meeting, which includes a memorandum of association and articles of association of the applicant.
- A production plan and itemized budget for production costs and financing, in addition to confirmations from financiers and information on proposed distribution.
- Information on the substance of the motion picture or television program, including a brief excerpt, manuscript, and information on shooting locations.
- Information on the principal parties involved and the share of domestic parties in the production.
Applications cannot be processed until the required documents have been submitted.
Applicants may enclose with their application any other documents, which, in their opinion, will facilitate the processing of the application.
The committee appointed pursuant to Article 3 of Act No. 43/1999 to process applications may request additional documents if necessary.